Let the training begin!  

Posted by Rachel in , ,

This weekend marked the beginning of my training for a sprint triathlon. Quite a few of my friends and I are all going to do the event in downtown Orlando this September. I want to give myself plenty of time to train and June 1st was my official start date, though I actually started on Saturday when Cara and I went on a 10+ mile bike ride (my first on a road bike) down Cady Way Trail. Running after the biking felt super weird and Cara was feeling lightheaded, so...we decided to walk for 3-4 miles instead of running. Definitely going to have to work on the transitions from biking to running! Last night I went on a longer run than my usual, and pushed my time as well, so that felt good. But, dang, it's hot here - even late at night.

I figure there are a few factors keeping me from coming up with any excuse to back out of this thing:
I am doing it with other people.
I just wrote about it on here and I've been telling people my plans.
I spent money this weekend on new running shoes (which I needed anyways), running tops, socks, goggles and a lap swimming suit.

This is only the beginning...I've got a long way to go until September.

This entry was posted on Monday, June 2, 2008 at Monday, June 02, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Good luck on that. All I can help is with maybe swimming, make sure the technique is good and biking, possibly riding with you, which matters the speed you ride, my bike only goes a certain speed.
~mk

June 4, 2008 at 12:11 PM

Thanks for posting on the fart blog, and yes, chat.

June 10, 2008 at 8:03 PM

Pleas let me know when your biking. Can we go Saturday morning? From my house to the farmers market and around WP? If you're feeling better. Please feel better :)

June 11, 2008 at 11:13 AM

yeah! Destin and I are training for one too! Ours is Sept. 6th and it's here in Arizona. :)

June 27, 2008 at 1:23 AM

Post a Comment