Guatemala through pictures  

Posted by Rachel in


I wanted to give you all a little taste of my trip to Guatemala though pictures. Above is Lake Atitlan in Panajachel, touted to be one of the most beautiful lakes in the world, surrounded by three volcanoes. I would tend to agree with the claims.


This little boy was one of the cutest I've ever seen. He attends the Light and Life school (AKA Luz y Vida Escuela) in Salquil, just outside of Nebaj.










This girl threw spitballs at me for about a half an hour during a Faith Comes by Hearing presentation we were attending at her school. Somehow, that was a bonding experience for us.










Isn't is beautiful to see children reading the Bible in their language (Ixil) for the first time??












Ahhh... this little boy was too cute for words.
























In case you couldn't tell, I REALLY like kids.













Here Bruce and I are eating one of the weirdest things I have ever tasted. Bruce would probably tell you it was also one of the nastiest things he had ever eaten, but I guess similar to "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", taste is in the mouth of the...eater? This is one of their best dishes in Guatemala apparently. And, surprise, surprise, it was made of corn.






These are some more of the children at the Light and Life school that we visited.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 at Wednesday, August 20, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Beautiful pictures!! Love the captions too!!

August 27, 2008 at 11:30 PM

I stopped reading at spit balls because it made me laugh and I wasn't sure if the rest of the captions could hold up to the standard set by that.

September 8, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Post a Comment